Beta Alpha Psi provides FREE Income Tax assistance to students and the community. All volunteers are IRS certified and all returns are reviewed for accuracy. Most returns qualify for electronic filling to receive faster return.
Location: Truman State University: Violette Hall 1424
Time: 8:00am to 3:00pm
Dates: February 17th & 24th and March 3rd & 24th
Who Needs an Appointment?
Everyone will need an appointment unless you are a Truman Student, Employee, or Sodexo Employee.
How to Schedule an Appointment?
Once you have received all tax documents in the mail, call 660-785-6064 to schedule your appointment. There will be further instructions given via phone.
VITA offers tax assistance for clients with low to moderate income levels filling simple tax returns. Our site also has resources to assist international students.
What do you need?
There are several thing you need to bring to the VITA site in order to file your tax return:
- Social Security Cards for you, your spouse and dependent’s and/or a Social Security Number verification letter issued by the Social Security Administration.
- Wage and earning statement(s) Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R form and interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099), and proof of health insurance, as well as any other necessary tax documents
- A copy of last year’s Federal and State returns if available
- Bank Routing Numbers and Account Numbers for Direct Deposit
- Total paid for day care provider and the day care provider’s tax identifying number (SSN or the Business Employer Identification Number.)
Married and filing a joint return?
Both spouses must be present at the VITA site to sign the required forms.
Frequently Asked Questions
To view a list of frequently asked questions, please click here.
Thanks to professor Alan Davis, Sherry Jiang, Marliss Zwaschka, Julie Sanders, Abby Lee, and all volunteers for making VITA so successful!
For VITA Volunteers
To access VITA documents, please click here.