Beta Alpha Psi provides FREE Income Tax assistance to students and the community. All volunteers are IRS certified and all returns are reviewed for accuracy. Most returns qualify for electronic filling to receive faster return. No appointment is necessary and reserved parking is available for all clients.
Location: Truman State University Violette Hall 1424.
Time: 8:00am to 3:00pm
February 18, 25
March 4, 25
VITA offers tax assistance for clients with low to moderate income levels filling simple tax returns. Our site also has resources to assist international students.
What do you need?
There are several thing you need to bring to the VITA site in order to file your tax return:
- Social Security Cards for you, your spouse and dependent’s and/or a Social Security Number verification letter issued by the Social Security Administration.
- Wage and earning statement(s) Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R form and interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099), and proof of health insurance
- A copy of last year’s Federal and State returns if available
- Bank Routing Numbers and Account Numbers for Direct Deposit
- Total paid for day care provider and the day care provider’s tax identifying number (SSN or the Business Employer Identification Number.)
Married and filing a joint return?
Both spouses must be present at the VITA site to sign the required forms.
Frequently Asked Questions
To view a list of frequently asked questions, please click here.
Thanks to professor Alan Davis and all volunteers for making VITA so successful!
For VITA Volunteers
To access VITA documents, please click here.