Beta Alpha Psi provides FREE Income Tax assistance to students and the community. All volunteers are IRS certified and all returns are reviewed for accuracy. Most returns qualify for electronic filling to receive faster return.
Location: Truman State University: Violette Hall 1424
Time: 8:00am to 2:00pm
Dates: 2/13, 2/20, 2/27
*Those who qualify for the Missouri Property Tax Credit and are under the age of 55, may drop off their tax forms on Sunday and volunteers will work on them throughout the week. Once they are finished you may schedule an appointment to pick them up.
Who Needs an Appointment?
Everyone will need an appointment.
How to Schedule an Appointment?
Once you have received all tax documents in the mail, call 660-785-6064 to schedule your appointment. There will be further instructions given via phone.
Due to COVID 19 restrictions, only Truman students and staff will be able to participate this year, with the exception of those who qualify for the Missouri Property Tax Credit and are under age 55.
In the event you do not qualify this year, view a list of paid preparers here.
If you have any questions regarding this years protocol please call 660-785-6064.
What do you need?
There are several thing you need to bring to the VITA site in order to file your tax return:
- Social Security Cards for you, your spouse and dependent’s and/or a Social Security Number verification letter issued by the Social Security Administration.
- Wage and earning statement(s) Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R form and interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099), and proof of health insurance, as well as any other necessary tax documents
- A copy of last year’s Federal and State returns if available
- Bank Routing Numbers and Account Numbers for Direct Deposit
- Total paid for day care provider and the day care provider’s tax identifying number (SSN or the Business Employer Identification Number.)
Married and filing a joint return?
Both spouses must be present at the VITA site to sign the required forms.
Frequently Asked Questions
To view a list of frequently asked questions, please click here.
Thanks to all of the volunteers for making VITA so successful!
For VITA Volunteers
To access VITA documents, please click here.