We will begin taking appointments from community members on February 1st, 2023.
Beta Alpha Psi provides FREE Income Tax assistance to students and the community. All volunteers are IRS certified and all returns are reviewed for accuracy. Most returns qualify for electronic filling to receive faster return.
Location: Truman State University:
Time: 8:00 A.M. – 3:00 P.M.
- Saturday, February 11th
- Saturday, February 25th
- Saturday, March 25th
Who Needs an Appointment?
Everyone will need an appointment. We will begin taking appointments on Tuesday, February 1, 2023.
How to Schedule an Appointment?
- Truman students can make an appointment through the following link: Student Appointments
- International students who did not have income for 2022 will need to file Form 8843. Students can fill this form at 8843 nights, which will occur on selected week nights in the spring. Please use the following link to make an appointment: 8843 Appointments
- There are a limited number of appointments for community members and Truman staff to file their 2022 tax returns. You must call 660-785-6064 to make an appointment. Further instructions will be given via phone.
Truman students, staff, and community members
What do you need?
There are several thing you need to bring to the VITA site in order to file your tax return:
- Social Security Cards for you, your spouse and dependent’s and/or a Social Security Number verification letter issued by the Social Security Administration.
- Wage and earning statement(s) Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R form and interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099), and proof of health insurance, as well as any other necessary tax documents
- A copy of last year’s Federal and State returns if available
- Bank Routing Numbers and Account Numbers for Direct Deposit
- Total paid for day care provider and the day care provider’s tax identifying number (SSN or the Business Employer Identification Number.)
If you are an international student, you can find more information regarding tax requirements here: Taxes – International Students (truman.edu)
Married and filing a joint return?
Both spouses must be present at the VITA site to sign the required forms.
Frequently Asked Questions
To view a list of frequently asked questions, please click here.
Thanks to all of the volunteers for making VITA so successful!
Page last updated on September 21th, 2022